If American Tourists Acted Like Brazilians [Video]

By 16:49 , ,

Hey Everyone!

It's been a crazy few weeks, and I haven't posted in a while, I know, but I'm going to do my best to get a few quick posts in when I have something fun and/or interesting to say.

I just came across a video that I think has lots to do with this blog, and that's stereotyping Americans x Brazilians.

Here's the video and my comments below:




If you look at the comments, there are a lot from Brazilians who find it offensive and stupid. 
Others, mostly Brazilians say something along the lines of, "Brazilians are idiots, they're right." 

My thoughts? 

1. I actually laughed out loud at some parts of this video. 

2. Selfie sticks are huge right now. Everywhere. Considering what I've been seeing around the city, definitely here too. 

3. The short sentences and not knowing how to communicate clearly are typical of any tourist who doesn't speak the local language - notice the workers at Disney are super patient with this. That being said, most Americans can't speak a word of Portuguese either and look exactly the same trying to communicate with Brazilians when they come here. 

4. Cutting the roped lines = classic. 

5. Saying their family is inside the ride is typical of a "jeitinho brasileiro" 

6. For a lot of Brazilians, a visit to Disney World is the first time outside the country,

Finally, don't take it so seriously if you find it offensive at all. It's not meant to be offensive at all - if anything, these guys love Brazilians, don't really get us, but think we're fun, polite (notice all the thank yous!), and quirky :-) 

ps - are there really so many Brazilian tourists out there wearing fanny packs? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments