You Better Work, B*&T#H!

By 22:47 , , , , , , , ,

I'm not usually one to bring Britney Spears into my posts, but today I will, since it's the weekend and all still.

I have since my lenten promise, been terrible at running or doing any sort of exercise regularly. But I started a "Wedding Challenge," to help my friend who's getting married in November, to get in shape for her wedding, and I'm not keeping up with what I had promised to do in the challenge. A few months ago, we promised each other to run 185 km until November 15th, the day of the wedding. It's also the day after my birthday, and I would just love to turn 29 in great shape! Plus, more superficially, I should really shed a few kilos so my dress will look decent. 

So today, G, Severina (my dog), and I went for a run. I was able to jog about 3 km and walked/trotted the rest of the way. I put on a Spotify playlist, called "Workout for Normals," which I highly recommend you listen to now, and while working out:




It's got people looking for a steady rhythm for their workout. Nothing too intense, nothing too slow, good for us normal people on the lazier end, when it comes to working out.

And at one point, while I was still running, Britney Spears' "Work B**ch," started playing. And there's one line that goes,

You want a hot body?
You want a Bugatti?
You want a Maserati?
You better work bitch


I don't care much for the Bugatti or Maserati, but the hot body/being healthy-ish part is interesting to me. So at this point, I started picking up my pace and realized how out of shape I was... 


When we got back to G's apartment, we did the math for how much I would have to run to beat out challenge for the Wedding. I still have 131 km to go... In 48 days, that's 2.73 km/day!! Geez, I wish I hadn't slacked. 


So after I finish this post, I'm going to go lie down, and rest up. When I walk my dog in the morning, I think I'll take her for a 3 km run and see if I can keep this up for the next 6 weeks! With my track record... do you think I can make it? ... 


What do you do to keep short term goals like this? In the meantime, I'm going to follow Britney's advice: 



You Might Also Like

2 comments