Avocado Toast Recipe - Quick, Easy & Healthy Snack!

By 10:38 , , ,

One thing I've been doing a lot more since I started working from home is... cooking! I've been trying to keep a healthier diet overall, using fresh ingredients to cook, less salt & fats (which I consumed A LOT during my "office life"), and using recipes I find online to experiment.

So I figured I'd share some of my experiments with you! Some of my recipes are super Brazilian, and others not so much. They're also very much "quick and easy," for the busy entrepreneur/business person, and person who lives along or with very few people! I'll try to post these regularly, since, after all.. I've been cooking regularly!

Last week, I bought all ingredients needed for a guacamole craving. And then when I got to the chips aisle, there were no nacho chips. Just Doritos. And I can't bring myself to eat Doritos with guac. So I got home and saw we had some plain bread, and remembered seeing something about avocado toast somewhere. I researched and found a few recipes, and made my own adaptation with what I found in our pantry and LOVED IT. It was the perfect afternoon snack.

Avocado Toast Recipe



2 servings. appx prep time: 5 minutes.

Ingredients: 
- 1 small avocado - RIPE. 
- 1 slice of lime or 1 tsp vinegar
- olive oil 
- 4 slices of bread (I used multigrain)
- red pepper/chili flakes/pimenta calabresa
- a pinch of salt

Prep:
- Pop the bread in a toaster
- While that's toasting, open and seed your avocado.
- Spoon it out into a bowl - or just use the avocado skin itself, and mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add lime juice - I just used one slice (1/4th lime), a sliver of olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Take your toasted bread, and spread the avocado mixture onto it
- Sprinkle some pimenta calabresa onto it for a little bit of spice.


And you're done!! A delicious and healthy snack for mid-morning or afternoon food breaks. Goes great with mint tea, I only had 2 slices and was satisfied but also only used half an avocado - which is why I say 2 servings!

You Might Also Like

3 comments