My True Story on Yes & Yes

By 11:44 , ,

A few months back, Sarah Von from Yes & Yes, a blog I follow religiously, e-mailed me to ask me if I would like to talk to her about my experience living in the US and moving back to Brazil, which I promptly accepted :-)

She's pretty "OCD," so three months later, she scheduled the post to be published and it was posted yesterday!

If you'd like to read it, you can find it here: True Story: I Immigrated to America... And Then Moved Back to My Home Country.

What's funny is, I'm so used to my "story," and telling it here, that it's almost become sort of blasé to me and I never realize how some of my struggles while living in the US and then moving back, to a lot of people, are seemingly "courageous," "brave," and "amazing."

I realized this yesterday when I posted the link to Sarah's post and was overwhelmed with comments from friends and relatives, and even strangers, who congratulated me on the above adjectives.


You can read all the comments here.

In short, I just wanted to say to those of you who spoke so kindly of me and look up to me, that I couldn't be as brave, courageous, and inspiring if it weren't for those around me - which is what I suggested in Sarah's interview to anyone who is in a similar situation I was in when in the US. Surround yourself with wonderful people, and you shall succeed :-) 

"What advice would you give to someone else who feels out of place where they live?
My biggest advice is surrounding yourself with people you trust who you can vent to and cry with. Having good friends to talk to who I can relate to has always been a great way for me to keep my sanity and not go around pessimistic about everything. And also, always be positive and try to see things in a good light. I’m you’re average “Pollyanna,” and think this was all really just meant to be!"

beijos no coração! 

-poly. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments