Bahia + Fun Links!

By 22:11 , , , , , ,

So, I don't know if I've told you all this yet, but ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to go to the Nordeste! I grew up with my father listening to great artists from the Northeast of Brazil like Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil, Luiz Gonzaga, Maria Bethânia, Alceu Valença, and the list goes on... My mother identified my favorite dish as being bobó de camarão, a dish from Bahia, at an early age. When I was 7, I took Brazilian dance classes where I learned frevo & samba and when I was 13, I took capoeira classes... And as my ex-boyfriend would tell me time and again when I would express my love for baianísses, "Polyana, você tem um pé na Bahia, né?!" Which means I "have a foot in," or I act like I'm from Bahia (which to paulistanos usually means all of the Northeast).


Tomorrow (Saturday), I will be fulfilling my dream! I'm going to Salvador and Morro de São Paulo, Bahia with my friend Gi and won't be back till next Sunday :-) But just so you don't think I'm neglecting you, I have surprise guest posts this week along with a couple of videos of some of my favorite artists from Bahia!!

In the meantime, to keep you busy this weekend - here are some fun links from blogs and papers I follow (not necessairly Brazil-related)!

- What do you think about the Chinese Yuan? Should it be rebalanced?
- My mom's pão de queijo recipe on The Portuguese Blog!
- Brazilian Socialites (from the Good Blood - SUCH a great blog find)
- Different (and easy!) ways to make a difference :-)

Have a wonderful week(end) my loves and I'll be updating Bahia pics as soon as I get back!

beijooosss.

You Might Also Like

0 comments