CHAVE.

By 15:32 , , ,

For those who haven't been following this blog, I had been apartment searching for the past few months. For those who have been following this blog, after a few months of telling you I'm "almost" moving...

"I'm moving." I picked up the keys to my 3 bedroom apartment I can't afford and haven't found roomates for yet, today :-) And yes, I'm so excited. haha

I have been stressing over this one apartment for close to a month now, I think. At least it feels like it. It's funny because a lot of people have been asking me why I hadn't found an apartment yet. I mean, does it really take months to find an apartment and get your "credit" approved to RENT?

Two words: Bureaucracy Overkill.

It took me FOREVER to get someone to help me rent the apartment because here in São Paulo you need someone who owns a home and makes a certain income (3x the rent or more) in order to rent an apartment. This is presumibly because of people who haven't been able to pay their rent and have basically screwed landlords and real estate agencies over. Which is an unfortunate circumstance, happens A LOT here with other things as well, and something that makes people tell me, "Welcome to Brazil." And this is why I have had constant headaches, irritating spells, and mini anxiety attacks in the past month and will certainly continue to have them if I attempt to acquire any other . haha

But all of that is in the past (for now) and on to worrying about more things that are within my reach (or not) - like moving and buying fun things for my apt (which also includes spending my entire savings from the past 6 months). Never have I been so happy to spend so much money!

Ok, that's all. I'm going out for drinks for my friend Phoebe's birthday tonight, moving tomorrow, and playing with Kyle and others the rest of the weekend, so I'll update ASAP.

beijjoossss

You Might Also Like

3 comments